Tui Na promotes and re-establishes health, and it restores injured tissues. Some treatment protocols require major Tui Na focus to attack the root of the pain, move blood stasis, and fight off disease. As part of a medical system, Tui Na practitioners seek to treat, not massage; because Tui Na is beyond producing just a relaxed result as in a regular massage session.
- Our 250-hour program meets State (CAMTC) certification requirements
- It’s a productive career in today’s economy
- Short term Works Training Program placed on the State of California’s Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL)
- Learn Oriental massage with techniques related to Chinese Medicine
- The curriculum is focused on a variety of modalities
- Community clinic set up for students’ hands on practice
- We accept students transferring from other massage schools
- Job referral after program completion
- Easy access to freeways and City Center Bart station just block away
- Strong faculty team integrates Eastern and Western theories
Tui Na MTCP Educational Objectives
At the time of Tui Na MTCP completion, the student will:
- be able to practice massage therapy consistent with the techniques related to Chinese medicine.
- be able to practice interpersonal skills while following ethical client/therapist relations as applied to Tui Na.
- understand the applications of Tui Na as they are related to physiology, anatomy, and pathology of the body, understanding adjunct therapy, modality theory, and technique.
- be fully prepared for the upcoming California state-level massage certification exam.
Installment option available
10% discount if paid in full at registration
Please also see our Tuition & Expenses page.
Academy of Chinese Culture & Health Sciences
1600 Broadway, Suite 200, Oakland, CA 94612
Tui Na Curriculum
The Academy offers 250-hour and 500-hour Tui Na Massage Therapy Certificate Programs. This special program focuses on the integration of Western massage and Oriental Acupressure therapies and techniques. The Academy wants to encourage the use of alternative medicine to inspire pharmaceutical-free health awareness.
Use the links below to download more information:
You may also request a catalog by calling 510-763-7787 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.